- 1½ cups Teff Flour - we switched it to regular flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp xantham gum
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups grated zucchini - pressed paper towel over to soak up some of the juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 Tbsp water)
- 1¼ cups chocolate coconut milk
- ¼ c cacao nibs (or vegan chocolate chips)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts on the top and 1 cup-ish mixed in
- added ½ cup-ish of sugar in the raw and sprinkled a ton on top
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In large bowl, mix together flour, xantham gum, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add grated zucchini, maple syrup, flax eggs and coconut milk. Stir until just mixed. Do not over stir.
- Add in cacao nibs and stir to mix.
- In a parchment lined bread pan, carefully pour the batter, ensuring that it is evenly distributed amongst the pan.
- If adding walnuts, sprinkle over top of batter and gently press into the top of the batter so that they are about half way covered by the batter.
- Bake for 55 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
Notes: Due to the moisture content of the zucchini, this bread should be enjoyed within 2-3 days and is best to be stored in the refrigerator. But you can totally slice it and toss it in the freezer. I think it's best after it's been in the freezer over night and then thawed and nuked in the microwave for half a minute.
Nutritional Information for original recipe, since I loaded it up with walnuts and sugar:
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 166 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 9mg Sodium: 343mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg
Created by Savanna - glutenfreeveganpantry