Friday, April 22, 2016

Prince

I was stunned yesterday afternoon by the text from Bishop that simply read Prince died. What a shame, honestly. I mean, fifty-seven years old? Just unbelievable.

I was reading a piece on the New York Times online and I thought this was beautifully put:

On Prince’s biggest hits, he sang passionately, affectionately and playfully about sex and seduction. With deep bedroom eyes and a sly, knowing smile, he was one of pop’s ultimate flirts: a sex symbol devoted to romance and pleasure, not power or machismo.

I especially love that last line, "a sex symbol devoted to romance and pleasure, not power or machismo" because that is such a rare thing in this world. A man who comes across as powerful and in control, yet stands at what? Five foot five-ish? Someone that could be intimidating but never feared. He always seemed to not be at all concerned with others' perception of who he was. That is why I admired Prince. Well, that and the fact that Scandalous is one of the sexiest and most gorgeous songs of all time.

As a side note, this post from The Onion on Thursday night made me weep with laughter:


No comments: