Friday, September 4, 2015

Wandering the City Centre

Natalia and I met at The Green (I was super dooper late, but she did not seem annoyed in the least. It wasn't until DAYS later that I looked at my mobile and saw that both of the messages alerting her to my lateness never sent...) and then went off to explore Secret Dublin. First stop was to Marsh's Library. As soon as we approached the gate, looked up the lovely steps to the doorway both Natalia and I, like Wild West outlaw gunslingers ready for a shootout, simultaneously reached our hand to our back pocket, drew our iPhones and said, with glee, "Picture!"

(the book with the bullet hole)

After the library we went looking for coffee for Natalia and found a lil' place in St. Patrick's Park, which was very charming.

Once snack time was over, we went in search of The 40 Steps, which fell about 30 short of what we were expecting. Still kinda creepy and cool to see.

We wound our way around and stumbled upon Dublin Castle, which had a free peepod for me to use, so I was happy. Then we walked down Dame Street and found The Stag's Head, which we then took to Dame Lane and somehow, magically, found Drury Street and my fave eatery in the city - Blazing Salads! I loaded up on vegan goodies and then we were off to explore some more.

 
 

After walking along Grafton Street and stopping in a tourist shop for magnets and a t-shirt for her son, Teo, we headed back to St. Stephen's Green for more photo opportunities. Freddie Bear was a ham and posed for a slew of pictures.

 
 
 
 
Even though Natalia and I had only met a day ago, we both agreed, wholeheartedly, that it felt like we'd been friends since high school and I felt all gooey inside when she suggested that we travel together again sometime. Don't ya just love when you really like someone but aren't sure if they feel the same and then they go ahead and make it totally clear that the feeling is completely mutual? It's so weird to make new friends as a grown up, but I really think Miss Natalia and I have not seen the last of each other!

No comments: