Friday, September 11, 2015

Credencial del Peregrino!

Guess who got her passport for the Camino de Santiago?? That's right, kiddies, this girl! Ironic as it is, I actually took a cab to the church where I would get my credencial for a walk that will stretch five hundred miles. BUT, I did walk all the way there on Wednesday only to have no one answer the bell at the Sacristy, so today, I decided to cab it. Anyways, I got my passport, my first stamp, and was wished Buen Camino! by a lovely woman that had stopped in for maps. I couldn't stop smiling the whole rest of the day.


(It felt so good to take the first step toward a life's goal on September 11th, a day that I always try to turn into something good on a day that once brought us all everlasting heart ache and fear.)

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

Once again, I am nothing but impressed and kinda jealous! Some of us sit and wish while others seize the moment and go out and do. You're totally my hero crush!

Star said...

Well, I'm still not 100% sure that I'll go through with the Camino, but things are more hopeful and getting my Credencial was a big, fatty step in the right direction. I'm actually terrified of everything - I just pretend to be fearless and go out and do things anyway. Glad to see I have you fooled into thinking I'm brave!

Cerpts said...

Frankly, merely taking the step this far is impressive enough! All of us are afraid. But you seem to forget that being afraid and going forward anyway makes one brave! Hero worship intact, methinks!