Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Zipperhead

This photo is probably from 1995. Zipperhead on South Street in Philly always had funky clothes and shoes that were usually out of my price range. The first time I was there I saw a t-shirt with a very Raphael-type picture of a Madonna and child and on the back it read Mary was an unwed, teenage mother. I'm still kicking myself for not forking over the dough and adding it to my wardrobe. I did however purchase one shirt for, I think, about fifty bucks. It was an X-girl shirt. I was all about the Seattle music scene in my high school years and into college (hello, it was the 90s) and I still have that super tiny shirt that's navy blue and white striped. It's one of those things that I don't think I'll ever be able to part with. Kinda like my pink babydoll dress with the white Peter Pan collar from Contempo Casuals that made me feel like I was Courtney Love. Chipped nail polish and all!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved shopping there! That's where I got my first pair of Parachute pants from. I saw that the Thompson Twins were wearing them in a video and I had to get them!