Wednesday, April 8, 2015

She's at it again...

Here comes another post about a television show. Luckily I only have about two dedicated readers, so hopefully they won't mind my current obsession with classic TV. This time....it's McMillan and Wife!!

(photo kidnapped from therapsheet)

I had absolutely no idea that the moustachioed gent from this show was Rock Hudson and that the "wife" was Kate from Kate and Allie! (Sidebar: the little feminist in me is less than thrilled with the main female character being described only by her marital state. It smacks of Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men; "Curly's wife" who had no identity past that of being married to her louse of a husband.) There are so many familiar faces with the guest stars and I love trying to piece together which 1970s TV show I had seen them in before. René Auberjonois is my favourite so far, having seen him when I was a wee lil' tyke on the TV show Benson and more recently in The Rockford Files and Hart to Hart

I really like Rock Hudson in this. He's a handsome actor and yet he plays comedy so well. He's definitely the sort of man that could have fallen back on his good looks but instead, he branched out and had a pretty damn phenomenal career. (He was particularly brilliant in Seconds - definitely one of his finest performances.) I think McMillan and Wife is so fun and I love seeing San Francisco, good ole SF!, and especially I like the relationship between Mac and Sally. Can't wait to finish work today, go home, jump into my jammie jams and settle in for a few more eps before bedtime!

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Nope . . . I don't mind at all!

Star said...

Whew! Then keep yer eyes peeled for more TV posts, as my addiction to all things telly shows no end in sight.