Friday, August 22, 2014

Across the Ocean of Rebirth

Whenever I'm trying to be still or focus on something, I find that chanting helps immensely. For some reason, lately I can only remember the chant Om Sri Rama Jaya Rama, Jaya, Jaya Rama. It brings such a calm, peacefulness to me. I could not, for the life of me, remember what it meant. I finally located my stack of index cards, found the one with this chant and flipped it over to read: Om and victory to Rama (the self within) victory, victory to Rama. -To take one across the ocean of rebirth.- (Reduces negative karmic effects.)
Here I am trying like hell to focus on becoming the better me and of all the chants and mantras I have, er had, memorised, this is the one that remained. To take one across the ocean of rebirth. That is exactly where I plan to go.

No comments: