Sunday, August 3, 2014

Enough Said

(photo kidnapped from moviebuzzers)

When I saw this poster in the lobby of the Ritz at the Bourse on November 17th of last year I knew I had to see it. Gandolfini with a beard and Julia Louis-Dreyfus = perfection. Time passed and it wasn't until last week that I remembered that I hadn't gotten a chance to check it out. Til now. Just within the first twenty minutes I found myself covering my mouth while giggling and absolutely adoring Eva and Albert. They shared one of the best first dates I've ever seen on film. Just love, love, loved it.

I've seen Nicole Holofcener's other films and genuinely liked each one (well, I wasn't super crazy about Walking and Talking. Maybe I need to give it another chance.). I suppose what I especially like is the honesty in her dialogue, and this film is definitely her best work to date.

There's one point, when Gandolfini flashes that sweet smile of his, where I got a little teary-eyed. There are so many more films of his that will never be and that's such a sad, sad thought. But Enough Said was just beautiful.

No comments: