Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Countdown

Twenty-four days til I leave for Antwerpen! This time all by my lonesome. I'm hoping to get some writing done at Wout's apartment, find some vegan eats, and visit some museums. So far this is my To See list:
  • the building from Loft on Cockerillkaai
  • Rosenobel for Seitan Toast!
  • Goossens in the Jewish Quarter to see if they make any chocolate that's vegan
  • Think Twice on Sint Jacobsmarkt for second hand goodies
  • Jutka en Riska for vintage finds
  • the buildings on Cogels-Osylei
  • Zeno X Gallery in Borgerhout
  • Photo and Film Museum
  • Plantin-Moretus Museum
  • Graffiti Forest in Spoor Noord Park
  • Steen and Been on Volkstraat for interesting stone carvings
  • De Roma in Borgerhout to see The Grand Budapest Hotel
  • MAS for a view of the city from above and to find out more about Antwerp
  • visit the Left Bank to see Antwerp from the other side
I'm not gonna take as many pictures as I did earlier this year, since I'll be on my own and don't wanna look like an outsider (stay gold, ponyboy), so I think I'll try to take metaphorical photographs. Write down what certain spots look like, maybe if they reminded me of a place I'd been before, how it smelled, and what the people there wore and what they looked like. Mostly I want to avoid tripping over my luggage, colliding into bicyclists, and generally looking foolish and out of place.

No comments: