Monday, January 20, 2014

Those Bee's Knees

I've been in contact via email with a Belgian director whose films I am trying to obtain. He's been so super sweet and is willing to go above and beyond to get me copies of his work. In this morning's email I told him, you really are, as they said in the 1950s, the bees knees. Whatever in the hell that means. His response had me in stitches and then honestly, a little impressed - I never heard about the bee's knees, but I have a very special relationship with my knees. I never wash my left knee cap, because Samuel Fuller once put his hand on my left kneecap, in his sofa in his home on Mulholland Drive...
Is that cool or what? I'm hoping to one day hear the whole story. Ashlee and I have decided that when we are in Brussels we are gonna take a picture of us in his old hometown and send it on out to him, since he now lives in lovely Brasil.

No comments: