Thursday, January 23, 2014

Grace

In 1995 I worked at a CD shop. Wow, writing that made me realise that CD shop sounds as antiquated as Record Shop. Anyways, I worked at a music store and we would get free promo CDs. I don't remember why, but I suppose I liked the cover of Jeff Buckley's Grace, so I chose that one to take home. I still have it, with the giant hole punched through the case. To this day it remains one of my favourite albums because each song is absolute perfection. I can't say anything about Jeff's voice that hasn't already been said again and again. It's haunting, uniquely beautiful, captivating, strikingly real, and leaves the listener in a state of complete rapture. He's absolutely wonderful and this album, as well as his live albums, showcase just how truly remarkable he really was.

No comments: