Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bullhead

Once again, I am behind the proverbial eight ball. How did I not know about this film until recently and more importantly it's lead, the remarkable Matthias Schoenaerts? Bullhead was a difficult movie to get through. After that scene in the field - which I couldn't even watch; I had to fast forward through it - I got up and hit eject. I felt nauseous and had to grab my DVD of Toy Story 3 and watch the short film Day and Night just to come down. Man, what a brutal scene. You know a film is extraordinary when you get a visceral physical response and feel totally uneasy and uncomfortable. I finally gathered up some courage and finished watching it the next day. I doubt I'll ever watch it again, but I also doubt I'll ever forget it. Absolutely brilliant and heartbreaking.

(photo kidnapped from collider)

No comments: