Monday, January 4, 2010

What's Important

After work tonight I stopped over to my parents' place. Mum & I were chatting in the kitchen when we heard on the news that there was a fire in the apartments near my place. I immediately left and went home to save one thing, should the wind blow the flames the couple of blocks down and destroy my home (highly unlikely, I know). That one thing was Snoopy, my childhood pal, my transitional object. He's still got a spot in the corner of my bed, but I no longer whisper my secrets in his ear, I don't smother him with kisses anymore, and I have stopped taking him with me everywhere I go. I don't even have Rachel babysit him when I go away for the night, like I did all through high school. But when my overactive imagination thought perhaps that everything I own and hold dear was in danger of going up in flames, the only thing I thought to save was my old pal, Snoopy.
(here's a few pix of snoops, then and now) 

No comments: