Monday, January 18, 2010

I love me Mum & Da.

For the past week I've been sick like a friggin' animal and coughin' like I've got a 4 pack a day habit. Every time I cough my ribs ache and my head pounds and my eyes water. I stopped by my parents' place today and suddenly morphed back into myself as a 5 year old. I was sniffling and whining and complaining about how crappy I feel and how I'm certain that I'll never get better. Mum immediately got up - in the middle of Antique's Roadshow, mind you - and went digging through the medicine cabinet. She emerged with a small Coldwater Creek bag filled with Vitamin C, cough drops, Mucinex capsules, and Chloraseptic. Da meandered his way into the kitchen during one of my coughing fits to say, "Whatsamatterwityou? You sick or sumthin'?" Still coughing I nodded my head and then merged into a succession of sneezes that ended with me shouting, "Chrissakes!! I'm gonna puke or pee my pants, this totally sucks!!" Mum asked if I needed tissues and I pouted a yes. She reached for a box from the cupboard and Da stopped her with, "No no no...not the Kleenex, Rosemary! Give 'er the Puffs, it's softer." They packed up my goodies and blew me a kiss as they shuffled me out the door. I'm positive that moments after I sped away that my mother was disinfecting every surface I touched. I'm like the Outbreak monkey.

No comments: