Saturday, April 30, 2022

Back to All Fired Up


So this morning I picked up Jax and we headed back to Collingswood. We went to lunch and then to All Fired Up by 2pm. Jax killed it and did four ornaments plus a mini wizard in two and a half hours. It should come as no surprise that he made the wizard Gandalf the Grey. I tried again to make something cute and botched it up royally. The lil' piggy I drew is too small and he's all crooked because I was so annoyed at my third time clearing off the paint and starting over that I didn't line up my painting with the hole it will hang from. Ugh. But the little hearts around him turned out cute. 



The highlights from today were: 
• Walking in to the house and having Jax initiate a hug!
• Watching (and filming) Jackson walking ahead of me to make sure we made it to All Fired Up in time for our reservation.

• Some of the kids in the party room were singing a chant and clapping in unison and Jackson said, under his breath, "They've started a cult." Even the gal working at the table next to us laughed.

• A pit stop to the library to pick up my holds and use the peepod to clean the paint off. We exited our respective bathrooms at the exact same time. Then I got Flight of the Navigator and season one of Yellowstone. 
• Listening to our second Here's Hank audiobook this month - this time is was A Short Tale About a Long Dog. Jackson even clapped when Emily stood up for Hank and told their dad that stinky Nick McKelty was the one to blame. This was hands-down one of the best Henry Winkler/Lin Oliver books I've read yet!

• Scoring gas at BJ's Wholesale for $3.83 a gallon. (It's horrible to think of this as a good deal. I miss 2020 Covid gas prices!!)
• How cute Jax looks in my nerdy night-time driving glasses.

I spent over a hundred and fifty bucks today (not including petrol which would up it another fifty dollars) but it was so nice to hear Jackson say "That was fun." I'm thinking of how I would love to get a gaggle of friends together to meet at All Fired Up, book the big room and spend a couple hours gettin' crafty and creative. I think it would be fun! Jackson clearly will be first on the guest list.

No comments: