Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Riders of the Purple Sage

In May of this year I was texting with Uncle Alan and he dropped a golden nugget in my lap. He told me that his father's favourite author was Zane Grey. I had no idea of any of my Grandad's reading habits and had never heard of Zane Grey. I instantly researched Grey and found out that his most beloved novel was called Riders of the Purple Sage. Is that not the most musical title you've ever heard? I bought it off Audible and finally listened to it this week, finishing it today. It was exceptional and had me on the edge of my proverbial seats. For the last half of the story I had a sinking feeling gripping my heart as I silently pleaded to the heavens that it would have a happy ending. Would good prevail over the evil men that roam the Utah plains? Would the lovers find freedom from the rustlers in the end? You'll have to read it to find out for yourself.

No comments: