Friday, August 4, 2023

San Fran Dump

In July of 2014, Xavier and I took a little trip to San Francisco. I turned to Airbnb for the rental and it was one of the few disappointments I've had in my stays. It was without any AC, had one standing fan, and all the windows were painted shut. Luckily SF gets cool at night but still, not ideal. Then there was the layer of dust covering nearly every appliance. It was clear that the Airbnb owners lived there and moonlighted as cleaners for the place, doing only the bare minimum. The kitchen was mega old and scuzzy, food in the fridge, a bunch of outdated pills in the drawers (because of course we snooped), and dead flies at the windows throughout. I won't go into the bathroom, but suffice it to say that I took zero showers the entire time and washed my hair in the sink. Xavier slept in the grown-up's bed and I took the kids' room. Luckily we were out galavanting most of the day and only returned to sleep. Years later I would redeem myself when Xave came to my second home in Dublin. Oh and the worst-neighbour-outside-of-Jersey award goes to Joan from the pink house. Thankfully everything outside of the house was near perfection and we had a fab time!
















No comments: