Saturday, August 12, 2023

Lucy Day!

Got to Lucy's by 2:45 today and saw her waiting at the window. As soon as she saw me, she left her perch and her iPad and dashed through the garage to come meet me with a great big hug. We were both eager to kick her parents out of the house and get down to some silliness and fun, but they didn't leave until close to 5 and were home before 7. We were both thoroughly annoyed, but still managed to hang out until half past ten. Our evening started with building a Halloween Lego Cat and Mouse then moved to Mission: Secret Santa, where I pull out a box of holiday ephemera and we put together something cool. Lucy's creation turned out adorable. I love the washi tape border she used to act as a frame. We colored and chatted and already can't wait until October when I get her for four whole days!









No comments: