Sunday, August 28, 2022

Hoiladay Things & Stamps

I've had this shoebox since I was a kid, when new ballet flats cost only sixteen bucks. (All shoes should come in boxes this fun and cheery!) It's one of three that hold random items, mostly from childhood, that I don't need but cannot part with, and frankly, why should I?




Stickers for putting your name and address (I use these in the front cover of my sticker books), The Black Apple embroidery sheet that I think I ordered from the old Renegade Handmade, the info for the phony sterling silver nose ring that I bought and wore my senior year of high school, stack of random cards - the Style Police one was purchased at the local mall at Spencer Gifts!, the Lisa's Room plaque that hung in my childhood room, & name tags from various jobs.

Unicorn suncatcher from Aunt Berne, toucan wind up toy, and promotional matches from The Bogmen's fantastic album Life Begins at 40 Million.

Fish comb from the Jersey shore in possibly Summer 1980, Little Twin Stars comb, Dad's Zippo lighter, butterfly lighter that I think Terri gave me, clay-ish putty-type tree that I made, bracelets, Dad's Odies, Evita Pin, Morrison's cigarette lighter.

Two Madonna buttons, childhood velcro bracelet with star and heart happy faces, Causing a Commotion (my first cassette single!), Dad's ABC Century Club patch, and my Rebel Girls patch from a couple years ago.

Old jewelry box that holds the gold Snoopy pendant from Tish in 1985 that had my name engraved on his ear, Snoopy notepad, my favourite Snoopy and Woodstock toothbrush that was so cute I never used it and saved it in the plastic case.

Odie, clear photo older sleeves for wallets, Melanie's grade school photo, Christmas bulb light with 9-Volt connector and spare bulb, Garbage Pail Kids cards, SpongeBob Squarepants shrinky-dink that hasn't been baked, SpongeBob tin, Hello Kitty Devil tin, Hello Kitty pilot tin, two mini cassettes from my old late 90s answering machine, leather jacket keychain from Amy, Mickey Mouse high top sneaker key chain, Brooks Robinson autographed baseball card. 

Cabbage Patch Doll birth certificates for Lorne Paddy and Rosemarie Felice, pink paper clip, lil' erasers for Halloween plus a heart with an arrow and a sweet snowman, plastic box from Disney World (I'm guessing from the 1990 trip), arrowheads, a worn out pendant that read How Beautiful Life Is When You Are In The World, Hello Kitty angel mini ornament, Strawberry Shortcake's kitty, Custard, as a suncatcher, the tag from the Israeli Troll Doll I used to have.

Stars and heart thingies (are they to make a chain to wear as a necklace if you get enough? Who knows...), Swiss cheese eraser for pencil top, Snoopy and Spike erasers, black cat from my childhood dollhouse, a mini porcelain mime/clown clip from Godmommy Gina, rollerskate charm, Porsche 928 Micro Machine, pink bracelet, sparkly purple hair tie from grade school, gold dangly earrings that belonged to Wayne's lovely mother, Nancy.

My favourite ten year old wanted to get in on the photo shoot.

An adorable little notebook featuring the coolest and cutest cartoon character of all time. Inside I wrote, in I'm guessing 1984, nice things about various family members.




Bracelet that Danny made for me back when I worked at the Hellmouth.

The hemp bracelet that Russ made for me in the last year I was at the Hellmouth
ps - I am very much aware that my photos are SO not professional and if I invested in an expensive camera and got into how to light things that my blog would look way better. The thing is, this blog is mostly for me and posts like this are 100% to have a record of silly possessions. It's the subject that matters most to me, rather than the lack of perfection in capturing them.

No comments: