Friday, November 26, 2021

The Bell at Belgrade

The last time I was able to visit the house where Granny Roseanna was born, and where she raised her seven children, I made sure to record as much as possible. Walking up the steps so as to bottle the creaks that were a part of the soundtrack of my childhood, capturing the fold down steps in the closet that were put in to fully utilize the tip-top shelf and up into the recesses of the drop ceiling, and especially preserving the ringing of the doorbell. I know that the new owner will gut the house and flip it. I am certain that he will overlook the charm that the house holds and tear out all the unique touches that made it such a cool place to visit. So for the last time ever, here is the sound of the bell at Belgrade Street in Philly.

No comments: