Saturday, November 20, 2021

Cwood With the Ladies

This afternoon Lauryn, Mel, and I finally met up in Collingswood for grub, selfies, and four-plus hours of chit chat. In our group text beforehand it was revealed that booze was needed for the gathering and that bottle of white wine definitely lightened the mood. My biggest laugh came when Lauryn was discussing the new Jerry Garcia biopic. With clear annoyance in her tone at the choice she asked, "And guess who they picked to play Jerry..." Without thinking I said, "Jamie Foxx." My timing and choice of casting cracked everyone up, including myself. My next big laugh came later, over text. I was desperate to bust out a whole lotta fart-olas towards the end of dinner but was terrified that one wee breakage of wind might be more than expected. On the way to the parky lot I said, "Christ, I am so gassy. As soon as I drop Lauryn off and see her close the door I am gonna blow up my car." Thirty seconds after Lauryn got in her house I sent off a text. (See below for text!) It was such fun gabbing with them about everything I've missed in their lives and we are really hoping to make this a more regular happening. I just love these gals.






No comments: