Monday, December 10, 2018

Mary Ann in Autumn

I was not happy about having to read a book solely devoted to my now least favourite character from Tales of the City, but damn it, this was so good!! Mostly because, thankfully, it wasn't only about Mary Ann and there was lots more with Jake and Shawna, who I really, really like (although I could do without Jake always saying "dude" and "word"). Oh this series...I hate knowing that it's almost over...but I can always go back and start all over!

ps - I liked this book, but the only thing that I absolutely 100% detested and was completely enraged about was the scene with the ashes at the end. I mean, how could Maupin create a character and give her such a shitty life (which I did not like but could overlook because there is a story to be told) and then fuck her over time and again and then even more so once she's dead. Oh I was furious. I was fucking furious.

No comments: