Monday, May 28, 2018

Our Farewell to Bertucci's!

A couple weeks ago I drove by the old Bryn Mawr Bertucci's on Lancaster Ave and saw that it was closed. I was shocked. Back when I worked at Pier 1 in Ardmore, I would have one of their Margherita pizzas every single day. It was my go-to place (prior to going vegan and realising that their pizza without cheese just doesn't do it for me anymore) and I could often be seen at one Bertucci's or another with Donna, Ashlee, Nicole, Rachel, Wayne, Marina, and mostly, Mum and Terri. The day after I was in Bryn Mawr, I Googled to see if Bertucci's was going out of business and sure enough, they have filed for bankruptcy. Since Mum, Terri, and I hadn't been out together in years and I couldn't even recall the last time we'd gone to the B, I sent out a group text to the ladies and let them know that the end was nigh and let's meet up at Mama Rosie's. So yesterday we did just that and got in some good ole fashioned gal-talk and gorged ourselves on our favourite pizza. I even hid my veganism in a box under the stairs and indulged in the real thing, just one last time. (ps - it was even better than I remembered!) It was great to be reunited over a delicious meal, but more so to sit, just the three of us, and rant, laugh, reminisce, and comfort each other as we had before the twins were born and our Terri had to place her focus on raising the kids. Eight more years and we get her back...




(check out the gorgeous roses from my godchildren - pretty fab, huh?)



No comments: