Sunday, September 17, 2017

New Fall Menu at The Beet!

Hooray! Today I took Xave to Heart Beet to try out some delish vegan eats and he absolutely loved it! The Coconut BLT, the S'mores cookies, the flatbread, and the pita and hummus all had him oo-ing and ahh-ing. In place of the side salad of kale he went with fresh fruit. "What the hell is this?" he asked, holding up a slender piece of brown yumminess. "Oh!" I told him, "it's a date!" Later when I asked what he liked best, Xavier said, "the date. It blew my mind." Contrary to what Sallah said, there's no such thing as a bad date. Well, edible ones, that is. Anyway...my favourite Heart Beet gal was on duty (I'm 99% certain her name is Jessica) and it was just a perfect afternoon to gorge myself on loads of new menu items and gab with my lil' brother.



Roasted Cauli Hummus with Pita was good, but I kinda miss the cheese board they had for Summer.

Quinoa Tacos - tasty but wicked messy!

Flatbread app with "cream" cheese, pears, walnuts, arugula, and caramelised onions was superb.

No comments: