Thursday, September 7, 2017

Gogglebox Ireland

I first saw this series in Dublin on December 15th of last year. The episode was Gogglebox: Ireland's Maddest Moments and was sort of a Best of for the year. The basic premise, if you are not already in the know, is that various groups of people all over Ireland are filmed watching the same TV shows and then it's all cut together into snippets. I loved it and thought all of the viewer's comments and reactions were an utter riot. Bella and I saw a couple eps earlier and there's some season 1 episodes out on YouTube. I've been watching them and re-watching them because they are all so damn funny. There's also some very sweet moments where you get a glimpse into the more serious side of things, such as shows about cancer or refugees. I grew such a fondness for all of the, can I call them cast members??, when each of them became so invested in the people on the shows they were watching, and damn it, I cried right along with them. This is such a bizarre and fun idea for a show and I can't wait to see some new eps in November!











No comments: