Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday Out and About

This afternoon I picked up Zach (and got to see my sister-in-law and Jax for a bit) and headed out for our lunch together. We had made these plans before I decided to do a 30 day juice reboot. I didn't want to cancel our lunch date, so I decided to compromise. We went to Heart Beet Kitchen (where else would I go?) and Zach got their zucchini noodles with eggplant meatballs (which smelled incredible - one whiff with my eyes closed and I would have thought I was in an authentic Italian kitchen) and I scored a truly yum-yum delicious smoothie. I picked their Sweet Green which consists of kale, banana, apples, cinnamon, chia seeds, dates, protein powder, and almond milk. It was very filling and tasted like a homemade holiday chai tea. The grub was good, but getting some one on one alone time with Zach and daydreaming about building me a Tiny Dream House was the best thing ever.  

(my silliness is contagious, so watch out!)

(only a truly confident and cool thirteen year old will use a flip phone and not give a f**k what anyone else thinks - man, this guy is the bee's knees.)

(i really feel so grateful that all of my nieces and nephews are so open minded when trying new foods and i absolutely love when they try something healthy and vegan and dig in voraciously all the while saying "mmmm....." and "ohmigod, this is so good...")

(i debated whether or not to include this pic of my smoothie, as it looks kind of horrible, but this is my friggin' blog, and honestly, i'm one of maybe three people that read this thing, so i'ma do what i want! - also, i'd like to note that in an effort to stop using plastic throwaway cups and straws, i brought my own and they were very happy to accommodate without looking at me like some weirdo.)

No comments: