Friday, June 30, 2017

If Tomorrow Comes

Bishop recommended this book to me and I finally finished it the other night. It was damn good. When Bishop was in his teens he would take the train from 30th Street Station in Philly down to stay at his grandfathers home in Jacksonville, Florida. One Summer he brought If Tomorrow Comes and when he'd call home to his mother they'd chat about where they were in the book and how fantastic it was. "Girl," Bishop warned me, "it's a page turner. You won't be able to put it down." The only other Sidney Sheldon novel I knew of was The Other Side of Midnight. My mother read that when it came out in the 70s and said, "I stayed up until two o'clock in the morning! I couldn't put it down! Couldn't put it down" I gotta agree, that Sidney Sheldon is a helluva writer. He sure knows how to build the suspense and keep you on the edge of your seat, literally.


No comments: