Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Return of Poldark

Poldark's second series is nearly as good as the first, although George Warleggan has become a truly tiresome villain. I am just so completely over him. And Poldark needs to let go of his childhood adoration of Elizabeth. It's rather droll at this point. But man, oh man, didn't that useless sod Francis redeem himself? About damn time, if you ask me. Oh, and Dr. Dwight Enys is suddenly sort of fabulous. Never paid him much mind in the last season, but this go around he caught my eye. I still have four more episodes to go...hopefully Elizabeth steers clear of George - wait, I take that back. I hope she marries that cad because she deserves a life of misery if she falls for his false charms. Especially after all the times, during her marriage no less, that he suggested that she consider a friendship with him. He's just gross and she's an annoying wimp. Anyway, rant finished. So to continue, I am crossing fingers that Ross realises what an ass he is by clinging to a long ago love affair and that Dwight and Caroline live happily ever after, albeit in poverty since Dwight makes a rather poor living, but may they remain rich in love! Okay, that was sickeningly sweet, even for me, but whatevs, it's the truth.


(Post script - two episodes left and I am already sick to the back teeth of this series. It feels like they are just regurgitating the same plot over and over.  To think that just a handful of days ago I actually really liked this show. Ugh.)

No comments: