Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Trust Fall - Sadistic Style


When Nicole and Ashlee were about six and five respectively, I wanted to let them know that they could trust me. That I would never purposely hurt them. So I took them out to the street and locked them in my trunk. First, I took the blanket and pillow from the back seat and made a comfy little spot in the trunk. Then I scooped up Nicole and laid her on the blanket. I told her it was going to be very dark and I showed her that I had the keys in my hand and that there was also a way for me to get her out from the backseat in case the key didn't work. I would count to ten and then open it and she would know forever that she can trust me. I closed the trunk and counted. As soon as I got to ten, Ashlee said, "Don't let her out." I ignored her, put the key in the lock and the first thing Nicole said was, "I heard you, Ashlee." Then I did the same thing to Ash and true to form, as I went to free her, Nicole said, "Leave her in there." But I didn't. I often wonder if this left an impression on them, somewhere deep in the recesses of their subconscious, and is the reason why after all these years, we are still extremely close. I've asked them and neither of the girls have any recollection of this event.

No comments: