Saturday, April 12, 2014

I ♥ Zach!!

I have tons of nieces and nephews - five and eight respectively - plus my two godchildren. Now, Kay and Jaeden have always, always greeted me with genuine excitement and Nicole and Ashlee also have always been all smiles when we see each other, but...the rest of the kids aren't as instantly enamoured of me or want to rush over for a hug. Z, however, is in a class all his own. He's nearly ten years old but has yet to reach that stage where he's just past all that affection.

Yesterday after work, where I received some crappy news via text (the worst way to receive bad news), I stopped at my brother's place. As soon as I walked in the door, Zach, with sincere cheerfulness in his voice said, "Lisa! I didn't know you were coming?!" I got a great big hug and a "How was your trip?" followed by chit chat and a mini photo shoot out in the driveway. He's the sweetest boy alive, so compassionate and thoughtful, kind and loving, and I am just completely nutso over him.

No comments: