Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Drunk Forest



May 3rd, 2010

"The Farmyard Connection" - Fun Boy 3
"Drinking Again" - Dinah Washington
"Spill the Wine" - War
"Crystal Ship" - Duran Duran
"Milk and Alcohol" - Dr. Feelgood
"Cocaine" - Jackson Browne
"Kaya" - Bob Marley
"What's the Use of Getting Sober" - Louis Jordan
"Sitting and Drinking" - Christine Kittrell
"The Piano Has Been Drinking" - Tom Waits
"There's a Tear in My Beer" - Hank Williams
"Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue" - The Ramones
"Whiskey on a Sunday" - The Irish Rovers
"Something Cool" - June Christy
"Was I Drunk?" - George Melly
"One Mint Julep" - Ray Charles
"The Kneeling Drunkard's Plea" - Louvin Brothers
"Mother's Little Helper" - The Rolling Stones
"The Devil is Dope" - The Dramatics
"Sunny Goodge Street" - Donovan
"Too High" - Stevie Wonder

The best part of this broadcast was when Rickster Rick introduced The Crystal Ship by stating that it was a Doors cover song and "I hate The Doors. My phrase has always been, uh, the best doors should always be closed and I don't like The Doors." Also, the "Tonight Let It Be Lowenbrau" jingle was hilarious as was the commercial for Schaefer Beer - "The one beer to have when you're having more than one." Classic!

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

Miss you lots, Bootsy!

I made two new episodes for you this past year and I'm being driven mad because one of them has disappeared! I can't fathom where it could've gotten to! And the worst part is that the cover had Sterling Hayden on it!!!

Star said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Find that Sterling cover - STAT!

Cerpts said...

This has really been driving me nuts for the past year. You know me I don't "lose" stuff or "misplace" stuff so I can't understand where it got to. I'm still looking, though!

Cerpts said...

Meanwhile, though . . . I have just broadcast a brand new episode of The Dark Forest: "Balanced Tone"! Didja hear it, huh, didja?

Star said...

Well if you would bring your arse around to Bishop's sometime then MAYBE I'd get a chance to hear it!! So come on already!