Monday, July 15, 2013

Star's Newest BFF

I'm sure you are asking yourself, "Who's that handsome young whipper-snapper with everyone's favourite lunatic?" Well, that, dear reader, is Joris. "Joris, you say? We are intrigued...do please tell us more about this chap..."
The day before I left for Colombia, I finally finished my Airbnb profile and decided to be brave and contact one of the hosts. I reached out to the guy in Antwerpen, since that's where Ash and I are gonna stay for a week. I felt a bit insane contacting this person about staying in their flat a full nine months from now, but whatever. I wrote an extremely long message, hit send, and waited. He got back to me within the hour and was super stinkin' nice. Answered all of my stupid questions and was just utterly cool. Then he tells me he'll actually be in the Philadelphia area in July. "Hmm....that's interesting," you ask, "I wonder why he would be in Star's hometown in July??" Why? Oh, yeah, that's cause we freakin' work for the same company and had no god damn idea. Let me clarify. He lives in Belgium. I live in Jersey. We have never met. We work for the same damn company. My head nearly imploded; I was gobsmacked.
Anyways, this all happened on June 27th. Today, July 15th, Joris walked into the office and over to my desk and booyah! I've got a new pal. And here's the thing, he's fantastic. He's way easy to talk to and doesn't seem to mind the fact that I am a humongous dork who is socially awkward with weird hair and mismatched socks. Oh, and we like the same Belgian films. As far as I'm concerned, that's BFF material right there.

No comments: