Monday, July 22, 2013

Makin' Me Happy

-Watching old episodes of The Graham Norton Show - the ep with Ewan McGregor and Chris O'Dowd is excellent. Love those fellas.
-Waking up on weekend mornings at 7:30 and being able to lay in bed til 11 doing absolutely nothing. Pure bliss.
-Daydreaming with my niece. Nicole and I have been fantasising about her moving into one of the apartments near me so we can see eachother every day. The joy that would bring to our lives is monumental. I so want it to come true!
-Listening to my nephew Jackson as he learns how to say new words. Words like Lala (my name), cookie, turtle, and poopy. Mum is not thrilled that we are teaching him words that she deems as inappropriate. Oh, and he's learned how to wiggle his toes and make fish faces. That kid is so stinkin' cute I wanna die.
-Singing horribly and dancing to Patti Smith's Land. I fuckin' love that track.
-Romeo and Juliet cookies. I'm addicted and sadly there is no twelve step program to sober me up.
-De President. My Matthias Schoenaerts obsession continues. I saw this movie months ago without subtitles and was crying from laughing. Finally ordered a region 2 copy and laughed just as hard now that I actually know what everyone's saying. How does Schoenaerts spend the entire film cross eyed??? Sheer genius. He and Frank Lammers - another fantastic actor - were hysterical as the goofball Bulgarians. I do so respect actors that can be so remarkably versatile in their craft. To play roles so opposite one another, like Dennis in Dennis van Rita, Filip in Loft, Jacky in Bullhead, then Ali in Rust and Bone, and Nathan in Death of a Shadow. I sometimes forget that it's the same man playing all these different people. Reminds me of Ewan McGregor who was flawless as a junkie, an English nobleman, a sweet and shy telephone repairman, a Jedi, and a rock star.

(hi-larious photo kidnapped from filmfestival.nl)

-Listening to the Stooges - can anything be wrong with a day that's consumed by Iggy Pop's voice? I say nay nay.
-Going through all the crap in my closet and getting a huge pile of stuff to donate!
-I really wanna get a Pepper White lil' Mini but feel like I will never be a real grown up with money in a savings account who can afford to pay her bills and buy pizza and drive a super cute car. Yesterday I sat down with David, my older brother; that man can figure out anything. He's one of those people that it just would never occur to him that he could ever fail and so he attempts everything and always succeeds. Yeah, I am so not like that. I'm convinced I'll fail at everything and basically remain stagnant rather than try. It's my worst character trait. Anyway, we sat down and discussed all of my finances and Dave has convinced me that I can totally make it happen and the thing is, I completely believe him. Mini Cooper, you are about to be mine!


2 comments:

Cerpts said...

I wish you oceans of luck. The only thing that could make the most fabulous person on the planet even MORE fabulous is if she was driving around in a mini!

Star said...

aw, thank you sir!! and seriously, when baby gets her mini - i am totally picking you up one sunday and dragging you to bishops!