Monday, March 11, 2013

Fear

So I finally have my passport and everything is lined up for Saturday evening's flight to Rome. I've waited nineteen years to travel to Italy and now that it is finally, actually going to happen, I want to call it off and slip into a coma. I don't wanna go. My mind wanders and works itself into a frenzy - what if we get lost, what if the hotels have no record of us and we've nowhere to sleep, what if the trains aren't running and I have to rent a car and drive the Autostrada, what if we oversleep and I don't get to see the Colosseum or Bocca della Verità, what if I get sick, what if Nicole gets sick, what if this turns out to be the worstest vacation ever. It weighs on my shoulders like no other. Hopefully I'm panicking for no damn reason and everything will go smoothly and Nicole and I will be the happiest we've ever been. But still, I'm freaking out.

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Bon Voyage, bon vivant! Don't worry. When you get there, you'll show Italy what sunshine REALLY is!

Star said...

Oh, let's hope so!