Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 3

We are in Tuscany! Piombino to be exact. The room is nice - I have my own separate bedroom - but it is not without flaws. There are ants on the floor, the door doesn't lock, if you turn the handle a certain way the entire door comes off the hinge at the top, the bidet is broken, the TV doesn't work, they gave us one roll of TP for two people for one week and it's off season so nothing is really open. We are low on water and haven't eaten since we first landed in Rome. By 6pm I am feeling like this was all a huge mistake and I'm in way over my head. I'm like one of those silly girls who spends her entire life dreaming of her wedding and is so all consumed by the dress, the flowers, the reception, the church, and the cake, that she completely forgets about the marriage. Then as she walks down the aisle she realises that she has made a colossal mistake but it's too late to back out.

Dinner was awful. We went over to the hotel restaurant and I informed the waitress that I was "Vegetariano" and she nodded, "Si, si." My linguine arrived with absolutely no meat. But it was completely covered in mussels, shrimp, and some crustacean who still had eyes. Luckily, Nicole is an angel from heaven and she immediately took all the dead creatures off my plate and moved them to hers. She then covered the crustacean with the mussel shells so I wouldn't see him. Ugh. Hopefully we can go into town tomorrow and if they take Visa, we are buying everything in sight. But man, the Tuscan countryside is gorgeous.



No comments: