Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sterling

One of my most beloved possessions is this photograph of Sterling Hayden. The back of the photo is dated in a lilac stamp Oct 24 1950. In my home, people pause to look at the pictures I've displayed and this one tends to generate a breathy "Who's this??"
I cherish this photo, purchased on eBay, because as soon as I saw it I immediately imagined being at a vacation home in the Poconos with friends. There, seated on the plush couch, I snap this candid shot of my dear friend as he regales us with one of his fascinating tales of the sea. Were my house on fire, this would not be left behind. This photograph would have to be rescued and kept safe.
(I also look at this photo and think, "Meredith needs to get rid of that hideous lamp. It's dreadful.")

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

So...uh...can I have it?

Star said...

um, no chance in hell, darling.