Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lady Cab Driver

Picking someone up from the airport - I'm not good at much in this world, but acting as a cabbie is one thing that I truly excel at doing. I arrive early and I always park in short term parking so as to walk to the baggage claim to deliver hugs and "Welcome home"s and of course, to carry any luggage. I keep a lighter handy for my fellow cigarette smokers and there is usually a snack or beverage waiting in the front seat for my guest. Marina has told me that she never again wants anyone else to ever pick her up at an American airport. Once you've been given the Star treatment, everyone else pales in comparison. I love to be the first to greet loved ones after a long and tiresome journey and I'm damn good at it. For testimonials, please contact Marina, Amy, Dave, Bishop (although I've only picked him up at the train station...), Mum, and Karen.

3 comments:

emily rose said...

hey i commented on this yesterday and it didn't post! what i said was - it's true, only you baby (or something along those lines...)

Cerpts said...

I never fly. But can you please drive me to the airport and then go out to your car and then turn around and pick me up???? It's not fair everyone else get's the Star treatment!!! I'm jealous!!!

Star said...

well, cerpts, get out there and start seein' the world! then i'll be happy to drive you to the train station or the airport, be it philly, AC, or newark. i only go to JFK for family - the van wyck nearly killed me.