Friday, May 25, 2012

Ideal

Last evening, Marina and I were discussing what makes up our perfect partner. Marina said that her BF hits on 95% of what she had written down as her ideal fella, which is pretty damn impressive. I think if memory serves the things he doesn't hit on might be "the perfect height", US citizenship (they're working on it) or speaks English as well as Spanish (he's taking courses at University) or something that, in the long run, she is more than happy to trade off on. Oh, and her guy - he's the best of the best and I could not be happier to have a new primo in Mario.
Anyway, Marina, here's my list - it's lengthy, but thorough:

kind
well mannered
intelligent
fabulous sense of humour
good or interesting tastes
open minded & accepting
reads
has intriguing or exciting interests
understanding
non-judgmental
an incredible kisser
affectionate
sexually responsible
drug and disease free
employed and enjoys his work
drives
takes care of his car
healthy libido
likes animals but doesn't nec. own any
doesn't curse too much
drinks socially and never excessively
handsome/attractive in my opinion
thoughtful
confident
compassionate
patient
bearded
intact
warm brown eyes
stable family upbringing
not violent
respectful to women
is a feminist
believes in a greater power
vegetarian or vegan
faithful
brings out the best in me
likes to cook & is good at it
adores me
is charming
laughs easily
healthy physically, mentally, and sexually
likes me for who i am - as i am
is fearless
makes me a better person
enjoys documentary films
is gregarious
taller than me
protective and caring
tries new things
isn't mean or unkind to others
straight
no lesbian fetishes
wears converse all stars
keeps a clean home
never married
no children
likes children but doesn't nec. want any
likes my friends and family
is liked by them in return
his family and friends like me and i like them
sweet-natured
good teeth
lives alone
body hair
still possesses his transitional object
likes Rocky
enjoys traveling  
well adjusted/even tempered
optimistic
can fix things
is a man of honour and dignity
smokes cigarettes on extremely rare occasions

I've gone over this list several times and I can't think of a single one that I am willing to budge on. Especially the manners. I'm a sucker for a man with exceptional manners.
Now accepting applications.

No comments: