Monday, May 21, 2012

After Hours

This is the track listing for the After Hours overhead music when I worked at Pier 1 imports back in the late 90s. Whenever we played this, there would at least be one song where Nora and Harriet would tell us, "Oh, I remember dancing to this at Studio 54..." and then tell us about the time they went to the legendary club. Both ladies were classy and proper, especially Miss Nora. I couldn't help myself one time and I asked, "So did you do some blow and have unsafe sex with Mick Jagger in the basement?" Her immediate and emphatic response was, "I most certainly did not! I was there to dance, I was not interested in all that filthy nonsense."

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
The Trammps - Disco Inferno
Evelyn "Champagne" King - Shame
LTD w/Jeffrey Osborne - Everytime I Turn Around
A Taste of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie
Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
Bee Gees - Night Fever
Chic - Everybody Dance
The Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
The Village People - YMCA
KC & The Sunshine Band - Get Down
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Rose Royce - Car Wash
Gloria Gaynor - Never Say Goodbye
Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You
The Hues Corporation - Rock the Boat

Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
Earth, Wind, & Fire - Serpentine Fire
Vicki Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around
Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
Tavares - It Only Takes a Minute
Chic - I Want Your Love
Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
Bonnie Pointer - Heaven Must Have Sent You
Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love
Shirley and Company - Shame, Shame, Shame
Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman
Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
The O'Jays - Love Train

Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up
Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife
Sylvester - You Make Me Feel
The Andrea True Connection - More, More, More
Kool & the Gang - Jungle Boogie
The Jackson Five - Dancing Machine
Earth, Wind, and Fire - September
Cheryl Lynn - To Be Real
Chic - Dance, Dance, Dance
The Commodores - Brick House
Patrice Ruskin - Forget Me Nots
Donna Summer - Bad Girls
Sister Sledge - He's The Greatest Dancer
Isley Brothers - That Lady
Natalie Cole - This Will Be (an Everlasting Love)

Heatwave - Boogie Nights
The O'Jays - I Love Music
The S.O.S Band - Take Your Time
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stopping Us Now
Chic - Good Times
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Karen Young - Hot Shot
Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
LaBelle - Lady Marmalade
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
Amii Stewart - Knock on Wood
Earth, Wind, & Fire - Let's Groove Tonight
Donna Summer - Last Dance

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Rest In Peace Robin Gibb & Donna Summer.

Star said...

My sentiments exactly - they will both be missed.