Friday, August 5, 2011

The Fall

(photo kidnapped from maridari)

One word: Lush. The visual scope of this film is epic and incredibly lush. The colours are vibrant and rich and then muted and warm. The acting is effortless and the viewer forgets that they are anything other than Roy's hospital mate in the next cot over, eavesdropping in on the stories he tells Alexandria.

(photo kidnapped from catincauntaru)

(photo kidnapped from chisinau)

I loved every frame of this film and fell instantly in love with Catinca Untaru as Alexandria. How could I not? She is completely and utterly the essence of adorable. And she reminded me so much of my niece Nicole. When I used to live with Nicole and her little sister Ashlee, Nicole was Catinca's age and was also missing her front teeth. The character of Alexandria had the sass, spunk, and sweetness that Nicole had; watching this movie was like watching Nicole as a child. Perhaps that's what drew me so strongly into each moment. It is a perfect film that I watch again and again. Please follow suit. You will not be disappointed.

(photo kidnapped from collider)

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

Weaverman was. Disappointed, I mean. I sent him the movie and he hated it.

No wonder they lost the colonies!!!

Star said...

hmm...that actually gives one great insight into who the man is behind the blog...

Cerpts said...

The man doesn't like THE FALL. The man doesn't like VIC AND SADE. The man doesn't like COOKIN' CHEAP.

The man's obviously a cad!!!