Saturday, November 14, 2009

Affordable Extravagance

Several years ago a friend of mine was attending Moore College of Art & Design in Philadelphia. One afternoon I was parked outside waiting for her class to let out when I noticed a young man in the window. He was diligently painting at least a hundred canvases at once. His name? Steve Keene.
Later at her apartment, I saw that Rachel had purchased one of the pieces he had done at Moore; it was of the skyline of Philly. Recently I looked him up online and for thirty bucks, and that includes shipping, I received eleven paintings. Beautiful art at a price that the everyman can afford plus delivered to your doorstep. I have such an immense respect for an artist who is of the people as well as for the people.
(This piece hangs beside my reading chair and I took a quick snapshot of it, so mea culpa for the crumminess of the photo.)

2 comments:

emily rose said...

love it! did i ask you to hold onto the one you gave me?

Star said...

oh, i think i sold it...