Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Nine Perfect Strangers

I'm guessing I put this show in my Hulu watchlist because of seeing a clip on Instagram at some point. I added it to my To Watch list in my bullet journal for June and decided to give it a try this week. I wasn't expecting to get into it but wow...it was pretty damn phenomenal. At first Michael Shannon's character was irritating, with his constant upbeat-ness that seemed very fake and stiff. Then I realised that Shannon is a wonderful actor and that his wooden, phony-ness must be character driven. As usual, I was completely right. He was brilliant. As the story unfolded I was more and more impressed with each character. The standouts, aside from Melissa McCarthy (who was utterly luminous in every scene) and Michael Shannon, were Regina Hall (talk about intense!!!) and of course, Bobby Cannavale. And I'd never seen Luke Evans in anything but thought he was quietly superb. Definitely worth checking out. (Spoiler alert below!) 

(photo kidnapped from marieclairemarieclaire)



No comments: