Friday, January 21, 2022

What's in My Bag?

I did a post like this back in 2010 and thought I'd do an updated version. I carry way too much stuff. It's the fear of not having something that I might need that causes me to overpack for everything in life. But there's a big comfort in having a whole lot of "may needs" on hand for a "just-in-case" moment.


Letter to post to Helen, Ghastlies pouch, paper napkins and two Pecan Pie Larabars, Ipsy tie dye bag, light blue Paperchase foldaway bag with bears, Alice in Wonderland pouch, Zenni glasses, Ipsy galaxy bag, Ipsy black and white ladies bag, 60s style Clinique bag from Stacey, Vespa pouch, Edie Sedgwick wallet, Nat Sherman Natural Yellows smokes, my dogtags, two pens, Roark's car keys, Klean Kanteen water bottle, fun coloured magic glovies. 

Zenni Round Glasses 4411912 with grey tint for night driving (those damn LED headlights are blinding!)

Plastic tick removers from Amy plus Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Hand Sanitizer Spray.

Alice in Wonderland pouch from Out of Print holds my collection of masks - Pigeon from Out of Print (I carry this one for Jax and it came in handy on Monday when he didn't have a mask!), Alexander Henry Ghastlies moth print from BonniBsCutenCrafty on Etsy, black star and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas both from PiperDeeNaturals, then there's the stupid disposable one that the place where I got my booster shot made me take off my mask for that one (WASTEFUL AND DUMB!), and then my Doctors Without Borders mask which I love.

Ghastlies pouch from MarfDaze with extra vax card sleeves in case someone needs one, Zenni rulers to measure ones pupillary distance to ensure getting the right fit for lenses ordered, random pen from a hotel in Colorado, AGC passport for the gardens of Philadelphia, two year pocket calendar, hand wipes from BlueQ, list of places in Dublin to check out, and a note from Kayla.

Zipper pouch from Kaylah7 that holds odds and ends: old Burt's Bees glass container which now has Vaseline, Elle nail clippers, Elle tweezers, tiny nail file, tampon, ear plugs, hair tie, Stall Mates, Hurraw! coffee lip balm, twistie, mini clip, mini carabiner, Spruce & Co screen wipes, matches, Renegade Handmade pocket mirror, Cocofloss Pure Strawberry floss, Random Band Aids and Aveeno hand lotion.

Nat Sherman Black & Gold cigarettes, Newman's peppermints, Kiipr pouch for cigarette butts, Djeep lighters, Tinder Box matches.

My Andy Warhol Edie Sedgwick wallet that I bought 17 years ago is finally being put to use. It holds my lil' wallet from BlueQ, Old Navy super cash, vax card, list of Nancy Drew books I need to buy, Ground for Sculpture membership card, car insurance card, New York subway map, scissors.

Credit cards, AAA card, license, registration, health insurance cards, punch cards for Occasionette and Atomic Books and fourteen bucks.

Tissues, car charger for my phone x2, black Sharpie, Velamints, phone case with magnet for when I'm on long drives when I need my GPS up, lil pouch from Xavier and Mary that holds my headphone splitter tree and headphones.

Vinnie's Tampon Case, business card holder, more Stall Mates and Spruce & Co. screen wipes, pouch in a pouch, the Final Straw, tape measure, Pocket Pizza Journal, Chet Gecko notepads, and hairspray.

Vinnie's Tampon Case, period chart (outdated), tamps, old Aleve container with new painkillers.

The little pouch within a pouch holds more random stuff: toothbrush, pen, nail scraper-thing, rubber bands, twisties, hair tie, paperclips, bobby pins, tampons, Lush Karma solid perfume, black container with Vaseline, and plastic bag holding Band Aids and two more clips on either side.

No comments: