Monday, May 31, 2021

Singin' In The Rain

At last I was able to take Jackson to see a movie at The Colonial. I wasn't sure how he would feel about seeing a classic musical, but he did really like The Wizard of Oz and I kinda felt like Donald O'Connor's antics in Singin' In The Rain would win him over. I was completely right. Jackson's favourite part was when Gene Kelly pleads with O'Connor, while surrounded by crazy fans tearing at his clothes, "Cosmo! Call me a cab!" to which O'Connor complies with "Okay, you're a cab." Such an old joke but clearly this was the first time Jax heard it and he cracked up. I was once again amazed at how Debbie Reynolds, who was not a professional dancer, learned all the choreography and held her own with those two pros. All with a smile on her lovely face and making me love her all over again. I definitely have to give her book Unsinkable another listen. 






(NOTE: King Ad Rock t-shirts available at tees4togo)

No comments: