Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Season in Purgatory

Among the list of books that I needed to read in 2021 was Dominick Dunne's novel based somewhat on the events surrounding the murder of Martha Moxley. It's the first work of fiction I've read by Mr. Dunne and I'm completely absorbed by it. I'm glad that most of his books are not available as an audiobook (there's some audio cassettes out there) as Purgatory has been my go-to book to read on my lunch break while soaking in the tub. Scalding water, Epsom salts, thirty minutes, and murder. It is so well written and it's very easy to loathe the Bradleys and their ease at covering up anything and everything. From stashing one of their daughters in an institution (because mental retardation is such an ugly thing for this family to deal with), to easily brushing aside the fact that their son murdered a fifteen year old child. I find myself crossing my fingers that the man who knows the truth will come forward because I want those bastard Bradley men to pay for the injustices they've committed. I'm on page 187 of 377 and as soon as I finish typing this, do my workout, floss and brush my toofahs, I will be burrowing under my heated blankey in my recliner and getting another chapter or two under my belt. 


(ps - Great series of interviews with Dominick on televisionacademy)

No comments: