Tuesday, October 29, 2019

My Fave Halloween Episodes

Hart to Hart - Night Horrors
Jennifer and Jonathan go to a friends' housewarming at their new haunted house. Murder, mystery, and mayhem occur left and right but ends with the adorable couple "scaring" Max and Freeway with phony vampire teeth. One of my absolute all-time favourite episodes of the series.
(photo kidnapped from tvterrorshow)

Marry Me - Scary Me
The first half of this series was non-stop laughs. Jake and Annie set their apartment up as a haunted house for the kids in the building and dress up as zombie Ricky and Lucy's. Classic.

Modern Family - Open House of Horrors
Modern Family is known for having fun and inventive Halloween episodes, but for some reason, the one where Phil is trying to sell a house and trash talks the one Harry Potter kid stands out for me. I adore Phil.
(photo kidnapped from pinterest)

Pushing Daisies - Girth
Halloween serves as a back drop for this episode that focuses on Olive's previous career as a horse jockey. Every single frame of this series is rich and lush and whimsical and when I watch it I am awash in a feeling of comfort and safety. No other series does this for me and that's why it's my favourite-favourite. (Hart to Hart and Rockford Files are tied for second place!)
(photo kidnapped from moonandtrees)

Highway to Heaven - I Was a Middle Aged Werewolf
There is nothing that I do not love about this episode and it makes me laugh every single time I just think about it!



Community - Epidemiology
The costumes in this episode were outstanding - fun and creative. Jeff was David Beckham, so he just wore a sharp suit, looked hot, and carried a soccer/foot ball, Rich (how handsome and wonderful is actor Greg Comer, I ask you) in a naner suit is adorable, Señor Chang as Peggy Fleming was clearly the most hilarious, Abed as the alien from Alien was all kinds of creepy cool, Annie was Little Red Riding Hood (of course) and Britta as a lame looking T-Rex. The Stand-out was Dean Pelton as Lady Gaga, which brought down the house, as only he can do.
(photo kidnapped from denofgeek)
(photo kidnapped from reddit)

Happy Endings - Spooky Endings
This show didn't have a single bad episode and the Halloween one was just fun. Alex is mistaken for a dude because her voice is all Demi Moore-husky from her cold, Brad and Jane are testing out the waters in suburbia, Dave goes as Austin Powers but forgets the bad teeth and everyone assumes he's Elton John. I'm still confused as to why and how Penny and Max pulled off that wacky Mama and baby outfit, which didn't last very long.
(photo kidnapped from popsugar)

The Office - Halloween
Jim's "costume" as Three Hole Punch Jim was so lame and I totally loved it. Such a Jim thing to do.

• Stranger Things - Trick or Treat, Freak
The Ghostbusters costumes were so perfect and I love that Luke didn't wanna be Winston. Honestly, though, who wouldn't want to be Winston?! He was seriously the coolest of them all. I mean, he did say the film's final line.
(photo kidnapped from thehollywoodreporter)

• Parks and Recreation - Halloween Surprise
Jerry has a fart-attack. Honestly, that's all I remember from this episode that I have watched at least a half dozen times. I laughed so hard that I blocked out everything else but Jerry sliding down the wall, farting the whole way, clutching his chest in agony. Oh my god, so, so funny.

No comments: