Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dried Floral Arrangements

Over the weekend I was visiting with my best friend, Amy, and her husband. In their sitting room is a clear vase filled with small pebbles which hold several tree branches. Recently Don had dried out some flowers from their garden and attached the buds to the ends of the branches. I was instantly reminded of Patrick Stewart's line about Martha Stewart from the movie Jeffrey: "She writes picture books about gracious living. Martha says that nothing else matters if you can do a nice dried floral arrangement. I worship her!" I also love the dried long stem roses that were tucked away in a corner behind a bright green plant. Move aside Martha...


2 comments:

emily rose said...

how did he attach them? that is very cool

Star said...

honestly, i think he like, hot glue gunned 'em. he's handy like that.