Thursday, February 22, 2024

Discovering Doylestown

Yesterday afternoon I picked Kay up and we kicked off our day of playing hooky from our jobbies by going to Goldie falafel in Fishtown. Then we drove to Doylestown to see one of my favourite movies up there on the big screen - Return to Me. Kayla had never seen it and knew nothing about it. The talk before the show dealt with live organ donations and therefore gave away a bit of the plot, but it was still a surprise! (And I did pick up some literature on being a live organ donor.) Before the film we got to stop in to the local book shop and I went on another blind date with a book. Hurrah! Kayla and I both instantly fell in love with this charming town and fully intend to go back and spend an entire day there, touring the streets and popping in to all the adorable shops.

I scored big with a totally unknown book that I bought purely for the title and the gnome on the treetop. I hope it's good!!



Of course I had to buy the holiday cards that were half off.

And here's my little blind date book!



 


So Compatible: Organ Donation at the Penn Center for Living Donation: Our Science on Screen® series kicks off its 2024 season with the romantic comedy RETURN TO ME. Before the film starts Living Donor Transplant Coordinator Ashley Aloba from the Penn Center for Living Donation will give a short presentation on what it means to be a living donor and the transplant process.

David Duchovny and Minnie Driver take on matters of the heart, in this touching romantic comedy directed by Bonnie Hunt. After receiving a heart transplant, a waitress experiences an unexplainable connection with a charming widower. As their relationship grows, so too does her pressure to tell him about her medical history. Although released in the early 2000s, this sweet and sincere rom-com feels like a classic Hollywood love story.

No comments: