Friday, September 23, 2022

August 2022 Books

Breakfast at Tiffany’s ¹ by Truman Capote - I had tried to read this book years and years ago but abandoned it when Holly carelessly dropped the N-bomb. I knew of this story from Blake Edwards' classic film version, where Holly is much more likable. I wouldn't have lasted this time til the end if it weren't for Michael C. Hall's excellent narration. But still, not one of my faves.

* Brother and Sister ¹ by Diane Keaton - I had read Ms. Keaton's book Then Again about seven or eight years ago and was so impressed by her narration. When her voice cracked with emotion when talking about her mother's death, it endeared me to her even more. This memoir focuses on her relationship with, and the life of, her younger brother, Randy. I love that she wrote this book and told his story. 

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: