Wednesday, June 29, 2022

May 2022 Books

* Jane Eyre ¹ by Charlotte Brontë - I love the film versions of Jane Eyre and while the book was very good, at 19 hours 11 minutes it felt way too long. But Thandiwe Newton's narration was absolute perfection. To be honest, I really decided to listen to this novel because she would be performing it. One of the best narrating I've ever heard.

* The Choice ¹ by Dr. Edith Eva Eger - Natalia told me about how much she loved this book last year. I immediately bought it with an Audible credit but other books pushed it aside until May. I am so glad that Natalia told me to give this book a read/listen. Dr. Eger's life and all that she went through and overcame was so inspiring, especially how after everything she remained true to her spirit - kind, warm, and optimistic. A beautiful book.

Here's Hank: There's a Zombie in My Bathtub ¹ by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver

* Kiss Me Like a Stranger ¹ by Gene Wilder - I've always liked Gene Wilder and finally decided to borrow his memoir from Hoopla after having it as a Favorite for the last couple years. It was, of course, funny, but also touching and was the perfect book to listen to while I put together the Chicago puzzle. I was so happy to find that he found love again after Gilda. 

* Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas - It felt like ages since I last read a historical romance and so I dusted off this Lisa Kleypas paperback I'd had for a while and finally dove in. It was good and I liked that it combined characters from previous series.

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: